The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) is hosting their triannual FIGO World Congress from October 4-9, 2015 in Vancouver, Canada!
The Bixby Center is pleased to announce that we will be attending the FIGO Congress this year. Bixby investigators will join our Rwanda colleagues to present research findings for our work conducted in collaboration with Rwanda partners.
Please see the list of these and other Bixby FIGO participants below.
Check out the attached Bixby @ FIGO Flyer for more details and abstracts!
Our presenters for the FIGO Congress are as follows:
- Nuriye Sahin Hodoglugil, MD, MA, DrPH | Bixby Associate Fellow
- Monday, October 5th | 8h00 – 9h30
- Abortion Services for Victims of Gender-based Violence in Rwanda: Challenges due to Stigma and Lack of Evidence (1395)
- Fidele Ngabo, MD | Rwandan Ministry of Health
- Tuesday, October 6th | 9h55 – 11h25
- Transforming Law into Policy and Practice: The Case of Making Abortion Safer in Rwanda (1386)
- Ndola Prata, MD, MSc | Bixby Director
- Friday, October 9th | 8h00 – 9h30
- Abortion Service Provision in Rwanda Since Penal Code of 2012: An Assessment of Medical and Legal Systems (1389)
Poster Presentations by:
- Sarah Jane Holcombe, PhD, MPH, MPPM | Bixby Associate Fellow
- Obstetrician-Gynecologists & Their Professional Societies as Contributors to Abortion Law Reform: the Cases of Ethiopia, Rwanda, and Mozambique
- Patient Perceptions of Midwifery Care, Debre Markos, Ethiopia