THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
The OASIS Initiative is a project of the Bixby Center for Population, Health and Sustainability at the School of Public Health and the College of Natural Resources. Our mission is to develop the evidence base and local leadership necessary to overcome the most serious development challenges in the Sahel region of Africa. We are focused on three “pillars” critical for the region: 1) educate and empower adolescent girls, 2) expand access to voluntary family planning, and 3) adapt agricultural practices to climate change.
This is a one-year position from fall semester 2016 through spring semester 2017 with the possibility of continuing into another academic year. Requires training with current Student Assistant.
- Work at Bixby Center and remotely
- Clerical support such as photocopying, typing
- Process travel reimbursement forms
- Use UC Berkeley purchase system, BearBuy
- Create graphics for special events and publications
- Format and proofread documents and PowerPoints
- Literature and library search for scientific publications
- Provide staff support at events and conferences
- Assist as needed on special projects
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings as class schedule allows
- Translation to and from French, if possible
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Graphic design experience or proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible schedule to meet occasional urgent deadlines
- Minimum one year commitment; ideally sophomore or junior
- Prefer student with interest in global maternal health and family planning
- Availability to be trained in late August by current Student Assistant
- Proficiency in French a plus
- $12/hour; 10-15 hours per week variable
- Start date September 12, 2016
To Apply: Send cover letter and résumé to Alisha Graves, Oasis Initiative, Bixby Center, School of Public Health, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Student Assistant Position/YOUR NAME. Interviews begin in mid-August, but can be done via video conference in special cases.