NoVo Foundation is seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• BA/BS required, Master’s or professional degree strongly preferred.
• 5+ years professional experience working on women’s and girls’ rights issues.
• Must have deep familiarity with the challenges, dynamics, strategic questions and organizations involved in addressing sexual exploitation, at a local, regional, national and/or global level. Experience with more than one level is preferred.
• Strong credibility as a social justice advocate, with a focus on the rights of girls and women and the intersections of race, class and gender.
• Demonstrated commitment to NoVo’s mission and an alignment with our organizational values. For information, visit: novofoundation.org.
This position will be located in our Manhattan offices.
• Experience working on social change strategies from multiple perspectives (policy reform, litigation, counseling, community organizing);
• Strong awareness and understanding of the intersection of race, class and gender;
• Knowledge of philanthropy, with an emphasis on women’s rights funders and NGOs;
• Demonstrated initiative and strategic thinking.
• Able to bring new approaches to grant-making to an organization;
• Demonstrated research, writing and grant review experience.
• Skilled at managing complex field dynamics, at both individual and organizational levels;
• Able to create connections with diverse stakeholders across the field, including advocates, service providers, researchers, policymakers and funders.
• Excellent judgment, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills;
• Able to recruit and effectively manage consultant resources across a range of diverse workstreams;
• Able to build strong internal relationships with NoVo colleagues responsible for associated initiatives, to ensure shared learnings and strategic alignment;
• Proactive and self-motivated work style, with close attention to follow-up and detail and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required (in person, via e-mail, and on telephone), and ability to compose effective, thoughtful correspondence;
• Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion;
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mac OS, and databases. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
For employment consideration, the optimal way to contact us is via e-mail. We have engaged
Héctor Cariño at People Architects Group, LLC to manage this search.
All applications must include:
• Applications must include (all in PDF format):
- Thoughtful cover letter (including how you became aware of this opportunity: job portal, referral, etc.)
- Writing sample (between 5 to 7 pages)
• All applications will be received via email. No phone calls or snail mail. E-mail applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subject Line: Program Officer/YOUR NAME
Application deadline is Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:00pm, DST