Located in the School of Public Health, the Bixby Center for Population, Health and Sustainability is a collaboration of faculty, researchers, students and staff working to improve maternal health and address the impact of population on global health and the environment.
This is a one-year position from fall semester 2016 to spring semester 2017 with the possibility of continuing into another academic year. Requires training with current Student Assistant in late April/May.
• Work at Bixby Center and remotely
• Clerical support such as photocopying, typing, and ordering office supplies
• Maintain director’s CV, related biographical profiles, EndNote library of publications and references on special topics
• Process travel reimbursement forms
• Create graphics for conferences, meetings, journals
• Format and proofread documents and PowerPoints
• Literature and library search for scientific publications
• Provide staff support at events and conferences
• Assist as needed on special projects
• Attend bi-weekly team meetings as class schedule allows
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Graphic design experience or proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign
• Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
• Willingness to learn
• Flexible schedule to meet occasional urgent deadlines
• Minimum one year commitment; ideally sophomore or junior
• Prefer student with interest in global maternal health and family planning
• Availability to be trained in late April /May by current Student Assistant
• $12/hour; 10-15 hours per week variable
• Start date August 17, 2016
To Apply: Send cover letter and résumé to Claire Norris, Administrative Officer, Bixby Center, School of Public Health, email@example.com with the subject line: Student Assistant Position/YOUR NAME. Interviews begin in early April.